Saturday, August 9, 2014

Live Every Day (3-11-13)

This morning I received a call from a friend and parent volunteer that is working with me on our big spring event. She decided to postpone a meeting we had schedule for Wednesday. Well...decided isn't really the best word. She told me about a dear friend who had passed beyond the veil this morning from cancer. Not only did he have cancer but so does his wife. The couple has two small children. Sigh.

I had spent most of the morning wrapped up in what has become the chaos of my job and to myself lamenting that I wanted to have lunch with my daughter but did not have time. Once that call came in I can tell you, friends, that time opened up for me. I sat down at that moment, typed an email to the rest of the team letting them know I was stepping out and headed to Arwyn's school for a special lunch. On the way the hubby called to say he was en route as well. How could I pass up the opportunity to spend a few precious moments with her (and him) when we get so little as it is?

If you are reading this, thank you Sara for making that call for me this morning. The perspective it gave me shifted my entire day.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyjq5SCbjQk&w=560&h=315]

No comments: