Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Days???

This week is a good week. Noah's school is out for a teacher in service, which, BTW, they appeared to have canceled for some reason.

Oh well. Noah, Arwyn and I are snuggling on my bed this morning, watching the snow fall softly as it has done on and off for a couple of days.

We are listening to one of my Pandora stations, "Women Who Rock" - featuring the likes of India Arie and Norah Jones. I'm blogging, Arwyn is being a busy 3 year old on the bed and Noah is going through a Playmobil catalog making out his 2010 Christmas list.

Yes, I realize Christmas is a long way off - a fact that does not seem to bother him as he happily plans receiving the entire catalog from the North Pole.

Arwyn's new fave book is Go Dog Go by Dr. Seuss. She happily imitates the dogs and pretends to swim, drive and jump into water. "Read, Momma, Read" is what we hear throughout the day. We were a little worried she would not like books - the horror - but is thankfully becoming a little bookworm like Noah (and myself).

We are quickly approaching the date of Arwyn's first palate surgery - it will be Monday February 22. Next week I'll have lots of time on my hands and will spend some of the week while at the hospital working on my blog, writing updates and posting photos.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I don't think I'd realized you already been to China and back. How delightful. You must keep us posted on all the goings on of your newest wee one.
So glad another CHI family can check in. Love hearing about the other families....and especially the cutie patootie kiddos. Adjustment going alright? Ah...the process of their lives changing. Bless their hearts.
Thanks for checking in!!
Vicki and Emily
http://waiting4emily.blogspot.com/

Chad and Kristy said...

Miss you blogging:)