Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More on Valentine's

Each year Valentine's give me heart palpitations as I contemplate the design for the hand-made greeting cards we create for both Noah's and Arwyn's classrooms at school. As we are at a Waldorf school we generally create these from scratch. By "we" I mean "I" do most of the work and then let the kids come in and help complete the process. I know. Bad mom. But usually I have waited until the last minute and have lost patience for the children and my husband and the cats and the house and resort to quickly putting together the cards with just enough help from the Sun and Moon to say they did the cards. 

Not this year, baby. This year I have taken drastic measures. This year, using my handy dandy coupon, I have created a Valentine's masterpiece on Shutterfly. Using pics from the Tennessee State Museum field trip that I chaperoned I have made the ultimate cards for my 4th grader to deliver on said day of Love. Not sure how he is going to feel about the photo of him in the stockade, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

Why did I deviate from the standard practice of a handmade card? I am seeking full time employment and am hoping to be working prior to V-Day and cannot imagine making cards for both classes. Now, with that stated, I will be sitting down with Arwyn next week to create pre-school masterpieces for her to drop in her peer's heart shaped card folders.

Now...to convince Noah's teacher that his cards were handmade..... Peace. Dana

No comments: