Monday, November 10, 2014

Barefoot Book Review - The Greatest Gift

I want to share with you this amazing book from Barefoot Books - The Greatest Gift.  Each year on Christmas Eve, our children are allowed to open one gift each plus a combined gift.  They each get a pair of new pajamas which creates all sorts of excitement as well as a new Christmas book to read as a family before bed.  This is not the book we'll be reading - BUT WAIT! This is not the book we'll be reading ONLY because I could not resist and the Moon and I promptly sat down to read it. The beautiful cover and the promise of the title pulled me immediately in. 

http://fengshuimama.barefootbooks.com/
I don't want to spoil this book for you by giving you the entire story.  But, I will tell you that I literally could not finish the last two pages as I was weeping with so much joy.  Luckily, we're raising readers and my little one offered to finish the story for me.    Below is the information directly from my Barefoot Books site.  This is a treasure for all ages.

"A thought-provoking re-telling of the tale by Victorian writer Henry Van Dyke. Artaban, the fourth wise man, stops to help a dying man and is too late to give his present to the King of Kings at his birth in Bethlehem. So begins a long journey amongst the poor, the sick and the hungry, bringing comfort to those in need. But will he find what he is looking for?"



No comments: