Friday, May 16, 2008

Croy Kid Blog Post from December 2007

The moment you have all been waiting for is here. Our 2007 Gingerbread House. Prize Winning, don't you think? Noah thinks it is beautiful. Ahh....love is blind. Actually, it is these things that remind me that I am not nearly as grateful as I think he should be. Yes, that is what I said. Well, for those of you I spoke with later today, it did harden and with any luck, will last through at least Yule.

Last year, we used graham crackers as we were doing our first house. It was so cute. This year, we purchased a mix from Williams-Sonoma, gotta be good, right? Well, it was , but not nearly enough. Next year we may try to mixes! No, next year we will move up to home made and instead of winging the design, I will print a template off the computer.

I have to tell you, I had royal icing EVERYWHERE. I suspect I'll be finding it in weird places, like in the silverware drawer, for the next few days. True to form, I made it nice and Pagan with our pentagram on both sides of the Peace sign in front of the house.

Noah asked if we could call it our Faery Gingerbread House. Of course we can.

Well, it was big fun. If you have little ones, I highly recommend this project, even if you do it with graham crackers. The icing is a breeze....some confectioners sugar, cream of tarter and egg whites. With the crackers and candy this is easily a $10.00 project.

Well, have fun and come back next year to see what we do next!

Peace Out.


Happy Anticipation!


A Gingerbread Man is Born.



Uhm....doesn't look like a house.



Gingerbread Mama


The Final Product

No comments: