Friday, May 16, 2008

Croy Kid Blog Posts from July 2007 through November 2007

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Magic Treehouse

Love It! I have been eyeing The Magic Treehouse series for a few months, but waited. Two weeks ago we took the plunge. We read two chapters a day. I want to teach Noah about the anticipation that goes along with reading a good book. He and I loved the book. We went today and picked up the research guide that goes along with number one - Dinosaurs Before Dark. We have also taken advantage of the educator materials including the "passport" and "stamps" that we printed off the website. We'll be doing one every three to four weeks and cannot wait!

So....add The Magic Treehouse books to your homeschool library. You will not regret this.

Friday, September 28, 2007


The BEST Activity Book I Have Found

A few months ago I purchased a few books from a friend of mine who is leaving homeschooling behind. After a year of trying, she decided to enroll her boys in a good public school near her home. Though I am sad they are leaving homeschooling, I am grateful for the spoils of her choice....namely the opportunity to purchase several great books at a great price.

Last week I began pulling those books out of the bag they have sat in for the last few months. The one I specifically looked for was Earthways: Simple Environmental Activities for Young Children by Carol Petrash. What a gem!

If you are looking for a great craft book that is very Earth friendly and that is not too hard for those of you non-craft folks, this is the one. I have tons of craft and activity books for kids and this is hands down the best I have ever seen (traditional or non-traditional).

For the fall, we will be making paper lanterns to light our way, for winter - pomander balls, for spring - May bouquets. You get the idea.

The book is simple, concise and truly a treasure in this world of prefab craft kits sold in overly packaged boxes in every craft and toy store around.

Happy Crafting with your child.

Dana

Thursday, September 13, 2007


Getting Started and Stopping Again

Well, here we are, mid-September. We have been doing some of our schoolwork since the end of July, mainly out of boredom! My plan had been that once all of our activities got started we would really be in the swing of things. Ah....the best laid plans....

Last week we were all set to go and our plans were interrupted by the cancellation of our P.E. class. Mayhem ensued as our schedule was seriously disrupted but I thought, oh well....we'll do what we can and start fresh next week

Well, here it is next week and guess what? Noah has the flu. The full blown chills, fever, aches and pains, vomiting, you get the idea, flu. Is this a message? I am beginning to wonder!

Maybe next week will be better. Right now, we are on day 3 of a television marathon.

The silver lining? I am off my feet this week and am catching up on updating my blogsites!

Hope you find a silver lining this week, too.

Peace Out,

Dana

No comments: