Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Jumbo Laundry

May 20, 2014


I’m sitting tonight at the jumbo laundry and I haven’t had a better evening in a very long time!  I know.  I shouldn’t be this excited that the washing machine broke.  You know the one…it’s a Cadillac and should last, like, forever.  But, here we are about 8 years in and it’s sitting in pieces in my laundry room while the hubby waits on a new bearing to come it (along with the tool needed to replace said bearing).  Maybe it should have been sold as a Jaguar or Mercedes instead since they are frequently in the shop while Cadillacs  are like tanks and last forever.

But, I digress.  The washing machine is broken, I am frazzled and in desperate need of a night to myself, and we have a pile of dirty laundry and no clean towels.  What’s a girl to do?  I rallied the troops and we loaded all of the laundry onto my magic carpet.  On the way out the door I stealthily grabbed by laptop and here I sit.  No one is coming into my office, I am not staring at the piles of projects and to-do lists in my home and someone else in charge of cleaning the kitchen and getting the kids to bed.  Bonus?  There is Wi-Fi at the Jumbo Laundry which means I can surf the net, check my email and write a new blog posting.

I know.  You’re jealous.  But, don’t be a hater…just sneak away to the nearest laundry mat today.

“Clothes make the man [or woman].  Naked people have little or no influence on society.”  – MarkTwain

No comments: